Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Nightmares in busy season


At the moment I have a lot on my plate for spring planning, a baby shower for my friend Jess on May 17th, my purse party on May 31st, and now a graduation party for Jimmy on June 5th.  Each of these are at my parents house, and as I told my mom she could start charging me for renting out her place like a hall :).  So to the nightmare part, I had a dream the other night that it was the day before (or the day of, you know how dreams go) and I realized that I hadn't planned ANYTHING for the party!  I then spent time scrambling around trying to make it a nice shower on such short notice.  It gave me anxiety the next day because I want everyone to have a great time when I have a party.  Well it was great to the realize that I have plenty of time to plan this shower, plus my purse party, plus Jimmy's graduation party.  

Well as a preview of Jess' baby shower here are some photos (Jess if you are reading this you are cheating!  And it will ruin your party so look away:)

For the baby shower invitations I kept it simple.  I used the petal envelope because I thought it was very soft and girly.  It's hard to read but it reads 'First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby with the baby carriage'.  I like to tie in a theme from a popular rhyme or song or saying to open up the invitation.


As a cute way to close it up I used a sticker and then stamped a baby's footprint.


For Jess' party we are decorating onsies, so I decided to decorate one early.  The print you are seeing in the background is actually a flannel receiving blanket that I am also giving to Jess at her shower, so I cut out so
me of the shapes from the fabric and sewed it onto the onsie so it all ties in together.  To also prepare for the party I am 'pre-decorating' some onsies with buttons or ribbon so people can create around it it they would like to.  I am also printing out some iron on sayings and pictures so no matter how creative the guests are they will be able to decorate a beautiful onsie.

As another gift for Jess I made her a diaper bag in her favorite color, red!
This bag has a ton of pockets to hold all of the diapers, pacifiers, baby wipes and extra clothes that they could possibly need.  I hope she loves it, she had mentioned that she was having a hard time finding a diaper bag that she really liked.  We will see come May 17th!

Once the shower is over I will make sure to post photos about how it went, and what people come up with for their onsies!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Hi - I got to your blog through Melissa Phad's facebook. You make beautiful things! I LOVE the fabric of the flannel blanket and onesie. Where do you find such fabulous fabric? I have been sewing VERY basic things for years (only square things, blankets, wash clothes, burp clothes) and am so inspired by what you do. It's amazing! you can email me back if you want at alyray@hotmail.com or bellsandblossoms@gmail.com

Thanks!