Friday, January 30, 2009

Shoe whore meet bag hag

My friend Pat contacted me with a great idea to solve a problem that she, me and I know many women have who live in places like Minnesota.  Carrying a ugly plastic cub bag to bring our cute shoes back and forth to work while we are wearing our snow boots to trudge through the snow.  Pat asked me to make her a bag that was cute and this is what I came up with:
I got new black and white fabric and it was perfect for this job.  Inside the bag is black since we all know shoes get very dirty.  Also inside the bag is a 'sleeve' so you can stick one shoe one one side and one on the other and so they don't scratch or scuff each other.
Finally I made it a drawstring bag so that it is easy to get in and out of as well as you can throw it over your shoulder and have your hands free.  I know that I am always carrying a ton of stuff with me to and from work, especially in the winter.  Let me know if you are interested in a bag like this, winter is far from over and we all know that spring is wet, sloppy and hard on expensive heels!

No comments: